Switchable privacy glass by Saint-Gobain
PRIVA-LITE is a laminated glass containing a liquid crystal (LC) film assembled between at least two plastic interlayers. The laminated glass integrates a liquid crystal white foil that becomes transparent when an electric current is applied. It enables to create instantly a confidential area, while preserving the light transmission of neighboring room.
In addition to the ease of use and its impressive effect, this switchable privacy glass provides a high-tech, modern edge, that brings a level of professionalism to both a business and a building.
How does Privacy glass work?
- Wall partitions and privacy windows
HOTELS & RESTAURANTS
- Privacy partition between bedroom and bathroom
- Restaurant privacy partition
- Toilet doors
- Kitchen/living room partition
- Privacy on demand while keeping comfort for patients
- Easy low-maintenance cleaning to prevent spread of bacteria
SHOPS, MUSEUMS, EXHIBITIONS
- Switchable glass technologies can be used to highlight key elements.
|Optical /thermal performances||LT*||RL*||Haze*||g*||Ug (W/m²K)|
|STADIP Planiclear 55.2 (12mm) (Comparison)||85%||9%||~ 0.5%||71%||5.6 to 5.8|
|PRIVA-LITE CLASSIC Diamant 55.4 (12mm)||ON||77%||19%||5.7%||63%||5.6 to 5.8|
|OFF||76%||18%||90%||64%||5.6 to 5.8|