PRIVA-LITE is a laminated glass containing a liquid crystal (LC) film assembled between at least two plastic interlayers. The laminated glass integrates a liquid crystal white foil that becomes transparent when an electric current is applied. It enables to create instantly a confidential area, while preserving the light transmission of neighboring room.
In addition to the ease of use and its impressive effect, this switchable privacy glass provides a high-tech, modern edge, that brings a level of professionalism to both a business and a building.
How does Privacy glass work?
When an electrical current is applied, this changes the properties of the glass transforming if from opaque to transparent almost instantly. Turning the electrical current off causes the glass to return to its previous opaque state. Depending on your individual needs, this smart glass can be controlled through a variety of applications including remote controls, light sensors, and wall switches.
- Wall partitions and privacy windows
HOTELS & RESTAURANTS
- Privacy partition between bedroom and bathroom
- Restaurant privacy partition
- Toilet doors
- Kitchen/living room partition
- Privacy on demand while keeping comfort for patients
- Easy low-maintenance cleaning to prevent spread of bacteria
SHOPS, MUSEUMS, EXHIBITIONS
- Switchable glass technologies can be used to highlight key elements.
|Optical /thermal performances||LT*||RL*||Haze*||g*||Ug (W/m²K)|
|STADIP Planiclear 55.2 (12mm) (Comparison)||85%||9%||~ 0.5%||71%||5.6 to 5.8|
|PRIVA-LITE CLASSIC Diamant 55.4 (12mm)||ON||77%||19%||5.7%||63%||5.6 to 5.8|
|OFF||76%||18%||90%||64%||5.6 to 5.8|