SGG BIOCLEAN has been designed for external use, either for application in residential or non-residential buildings, including:
- Windows, roof windows, bay windows
- Glass conservatories, roof and patio doors
- Glazed facades, skylights, overhead and atria glazings
In both residential and commercial buildings, cleaning windows can be a huge task, whether for the occupant or the building owner, in terms of maintenance cost. Thanks to the hydrophilic and photocatalytic properties of the coating on the glass, SGG BIOCLEAN® brings endless benefits to both the cleaning and associated drawbacks of cleaning glass.
The coating is permanent. SGG BIOCLEAN® functionality will remain the same over the life of the glazing. The coating is highly transparent. The principle of SGG BIOCLEAN® relies on the natural action of the sun and the rain (or water).
SGG BIOCLEAN® harnesses the UV rays present in daylight (photocatalysis) to efficiently break down organic dirt and grime located on the exterior face of the glass. Then, thanks to the hydrophilic property, rain (or water) forms a sheet of water across the glass and washes away the broken- down organic dirt and mineral materials.
These combined properties allow:
- Ease of maintenance. any dirt that does appear on the glass is much easier to remove
- Less maintenance. The need to clean the glass is significantly reduced along with maintenance bills.
- A clearer view. Due to the clarity of the glass, you can now enjoy a clearer view.
SGG BIOCLEAN® is a low-maintenance glass, therefore some level of maintenance is still required.