SageGlass controls the sunlight and heat that enter a building, significantly reducing energy consumption while improving people’s comfort and well-being. SageGlass can reduce a building’s cooling load by 20% and HVAC requirements up to 30%. It is a smarter, more elegant solution than conventional sun controls such as mechanical window shades, blinds and louvres.
SageGlass is used in building envelopes to control the amount of solar heat gain whilst maintaining vision through the glazed areas. SageGlass is already installed into hundreds of homes and buildings.
Double Glazed Unit Composition
- Outer pane: Laminated outer with thickness from 8.8mm to 16.8mm.
- Inner pane: Toughened 4mm to 10mm.
- Spacer: 100% desiccant-filled stainless steel spacer from 8 to 16 mm.
- Seal: High performance dual seal system consisting of silicone and polyisobutylene (PIB).
- Air space: 90% Argon-filled.
For full technical and performance details, please refer to the SageGlass Product Guide pdf download
The benefits of SageGlass are numerous:
- Permanent transparency regardless of the colour state, optimising the contribution of natural daylight.
- Offers enhanced comfort with regards to light, temperature and acoustics.
- Respects the architectural project by removing the need for mechanical and/or fixed shading systems.
- Results in lower energy consumption in the building and therefore reduced energy bills.
- Simple automated and/or manual control.
- Silent change of state.
- ‘Plug & play’ installation, with no maintenance required.
The product helps to address several issues:
- Enhances the energy efficiency of buildings by providing effective solar control.
- Lowers energy bills, by reducing the need to operate climate control systems.
- Maximises natural light levels by remaining transparent even when activated.