COOL-LITE SKN 175 II balances the advantages of a high performance neutral solar control product with:
- High light transmission 70%
- Low g-value of 0.35
- Excellent U-value of 1.0W/m2K
- High degree of neutrality
COOL-LITE SKN 175 II can be used to create more comfortable interiors by reducing overheating and the need for costly air conditioning, whilst at the same time noticeably reducing excessive heat loss. The high light transmittance also reduces the requirement for interior lighting during daylight hours, helping reduce energy costs even further.
- COOL-LITE SKN 175 can be supplied to-be-tempered or annealed. Where the product name includes “II”, this denotes that the coated glass must be heat treated, i.e. thermally toughened or heat-strengthened.
- COOL-LITE SKN 175 can be assembled into an insulated glazed unit with the coating on face 2. Edge deletion is required.
- COOL-LITE SKN 175 can be laminated with the coating not in contact with the interlayer. STADIP, STADIP PROTECT and STADIP SILENCE are Saint-Gobain laminated glass technologies.
- COOL-LITE SKN 175 II is supplied with EASYPRO.
COOL-LITE SKN 175 II can be supplied in a range of thicknesses and sizes:
Size: 6,000 mm x 3,210 mm (standard) up to 18,000 mm x 3,210 mm (on demand)
Thickness: 6mm, 8mm, 10mm (standard). 4mm (on demand).
Substrate: PLANICLEAR (standard) or DIAMANT (on demand).
PLANICLEAR: 6 / 16 (Argon) / 4
TL (%): 70%
RLe (%): 14%
RLi (%): 15%
Solar Factor (g): 0.35
Ug (W/m2.K): 1.0
Safety glass, which will be either toughened or laminated, depending on where and how it is being used, protects from the risk of serious injury caused by accidental breakage or impact. When it breaks, it breaks safely.
Types of safety glass have different benefits:
- Toughened glass fractures into small relatively blunt fragments upon failure, preventing cutting and piercing injuries associated with large shards of annealed glass.
- Laminated glass contains a polymeric interlayer, designed to retain sections of glass in the event of fracture, and so prevent shards separating from the main body of the glass. Laminated glass also provides an enhanced level of protection where there is a change in level, and so a risk of falling, or where there is a potential for objects to fall from height onto occupied areas below.
The type and level of safety can vary from one project to the next. Saint-Gobain Glass always recommend seeking advice from one our Technical Specification Managers (TSM) before you proceed with a particular glass type.
Saint-Gobain Glass is leading the industry in the design and manufacture of sustainable building glass.
Saint-Gobain Glass products are manufactured using a minimum of 30% recycled content.
COOL-LITE SKN 175 II is the perfect, solution for façades and glazing in commercial buildings. The high performance product delivers exceptional solar control and provides an on-trend, neutral aesthetic, combined with energy efficiency; helping to create iconic buildings that perform, considering comfort, visual appeal and the sustainability of building glass throughout the complete building life cycle